Sunday, February 15, 2009

Change. Or is that just the jingling in your pocket Part 12

Obama promised no lobbyists in his administration. He' s only broken that promise 17 times so far. He promised transparency (Republicans were shut out of the Spendulus bill conference hearing). And he promised at least 5 days for the public to read any piece of legislation that would come across his desk. Try to find the bill before Tuesday (which of course would only be 3 days - all a part of a 3 day weekend).

This is a massive spending bill that will create few meaningful jobs, but will get alot of Democrats re-elected on the backs of the next generation's taxpayers. It is shameful, fascist politics carried out in the face of fearmongering.

I worried that Obama might be just another promise-breaking politician with an Evangelist's skillset. Unfortunately I was far more correct in my assumptions than I wish I was.

Welcome to Obamerica.

No comments: