Sunday, March 29, 2009

I don't care about Ashley Biden

Nor do I care that she did cocaine.  Nor do I care that Michael Phelps took hits from a marijuana bong.  I don't care that someone's kid did something that we feel is irresponsible and illegal.  I don't care that Sarah Palin's daughter and the father of her child aren't getting married. It's none of my business.  And it's none of yours either.

Parent's can work hard, or not so hard, on trying to send their kids down a path that keeps them out of the headlines - but often it doesn't matter.  And in every case mentioned above it doesn't mean that the individuals involved are somehow satanic.  Mistakes were made,  life goes on, maybe they'll learn from the transgressions, maybe not. I'd like to think I've learned from my less than perfect early years.

Leave Ashley Biden alone and leave Sarah Palin's family alone and keep stories like these out of the mainstream of media.  We should all boycott this type of "news" and maybe it will go away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, this kind of "news" is beneath us. But since you brought up your early years of depravity, would you mind giving us some details? Thank you.

Jack said...

I had a feeling someone might ask.
Mum's the word.