Sunday, November 23, 2008

Change. Or is that just the jingling in your pocket Part 4

President-elect Barack Obama may consider delaying a campaign promise - to roll back tax cuts on high-income Americans - as part of his economic recovery strategy, two aides said on Sunday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081123/pl_nm/us_usa_obama_taxes

If I had voted for Obama based on the promises he made I'd begin to think I was duped by a classic chicken-in-every-pot politician. I'd begin to wonder if he got his name "The One" based on the number of campaign promises he will actually keep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new word the mainstream media use in praising Obama: pragmatic. So, every broken promise is just more evidence of how pragmatic he is -- so, let us all praise The One. Promises are for mere mortals.

QuietMan0307 said...

Elliot Spitzer must be thinking, why didn't I just say I was "pragmatic" in not abiding by inconvenient laws?